GOOD FOR INDIANS: People Can Use 4G LTE On Feature Phones? 2017
At a launch event in New Delhi, Qualcomm Technologies Inc. has announced the new 205 mobile platform for entry-level feature phones. It’ll bring various features including 4G LTE connectivity, VoLTE, Linux-based OS, etc. Devices running 205 SoC will arrive by the second quarter of this year.
We saw HMD Global blowing the dust off the Nokia 3310. Now, it appears that Qualcomm is trying to offer some social services for the underprivileged low-budget feature-phone community.
Qualcomm 205 Features:
- Dual-core CPU @1.1 GHz
- Support for LPDDR2 and LPDDR3 memory
- Adreno 304 GPU
- Qualcomm X5 Cat 4 LTE Modem (150Mbps Download, 50 Mbps Upload)
- Supports VoLTE and VoWiFi
- WiFi-N, Bluetooth 4.1, FM Radio, ANT+ (A wireless tech for device cross-talk), GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- Rear Camera (3MP), Fron Camera (0.3MP)
- VGA Display support (480p, 60 fps), support 720p HD video streaming
- Dual-sim support
- Support Linus-based OS (including Android)
Qualcomm also promises a longer battery life for devices running the 205 SoC with standby time of 45 days, 20 hours calling time, and 86 hours of music playback. The 205 mobile platform is available now, and the company expects devices featuring the SoC to arrive Q2, 2017.
If you something to add, drop your thoughts and feedback.