Solution For IDM Integration Into Chrome – Downloading Youtube Videos
|Chrome Browser Integration|
Please note that all IDM extensions that can be found in Google Store are fake and should not be used. You need to install IDM extension manually from IDM installation folder. Read in step 5 how to do it.
1. Please update IDM to the latest version by using "IDM Help->Check for updates..." menu item
2. For Chrome you have to enable "Use advanced browser integration" option in "Options->General" IDM dialog (arrow 1 on the image). Then check that integration into Chrome is also enabled (arrow 2 on the image).
If IDM shows some error, when you try to enable advanced browser integration, please read this instruction.
3. Also you may need to clear your browser cache and temporary files.
4. Maybe you or some program on your computer deleted IDM extension from Chrome or you have some old version of extension. You need to install the latest version of IDM extension.
To do this to press on Chrome menu (arrow 1 on the image), select "Settings" menu item (arrow 2 on the image) and then select "Extensions" tab (arrow 3 on the image). After this open IDM installation folder ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager" by default, arrow 4 on the image) and drag and drop "IDMGCExt.crx" (arrow 5 on the image) file into "Extensions" page opened in your Chrome. Please note that file may be named simply IDMGCExt if your Windows Explorer does not show file extensions.
5. If you already added IDM extension into Chrome you need to configure it correctly. Check that "IDM Integration Module" extension is enabled (arrow 1 on the image). If you use incognito mode in Chrome, you need to enable "Allow in incognito" checkbox (arrow 2 on the image).